Thursday, March 10

Thursday Tutorial: How To Make Butterfly Swirl

I created this layout for the Log Your Memory.com Challenge #10: Addiction. This set of challenges are about what makes you tick. I had punched a bunch of butterflies from scraps, after I re-organized my scraproom, a week ago and knew right away I wanted to make a butterfly swirl coming out of the Reese's packaging (I had been saving for months).




Let me show you how I did this...


INSTRUCTIONS
1. Adhere the diecut paper to the background paper. I chose a background paper that picked up the color in the Reese's wrapper. (The diecut paper had been cut at my local scrapbook store that is now unfortunately out-of-business.)


2. Machine-stitch the two papers together.

3. Add the title.



4. Stamp journaling lines on a scrap of paper that co-ordinates, and type your journaling.


5. Attach the candy wrapper. Here you can see the rest of the title along the bottom of the layout.


6. Cut out image of Julie Andrews in "The Sound of Music" from a vintage book, and attach to the layout next to the title.  Then draw with a pencil, lightly, a swirl coming from the candy wrapper, around and up to wrap around the image of Julie Andrews.



7.  Adhere punched butterflies along the swirl. Adhere chipboard hearts. Congrats, you're finished!


Thanks for visiting today!

Enjoy This Post?

Subscribe to My Blog with Google or with or with Bloglines

8 comments:

lizzie said...

oh how cute is that!!! i do that with my letters too when i run out... using the negatives hahahaaa so funny!!

curlyqmosaics said...

This layout is so amazing! I love the butterflies swirl!

Sharon said...

Your page is so detailed Julie Ann and I adore how you've got the butterflies exploding out of the candy wrapper! Do you have a typewriter to type your journalling on? I must get me one someday!

Andrea Amu said...

This is sooo creative! Love the swirl coming from the candy wrapper!

Leah Crowe said...

oooo wheee I love that butterfly explosion coming out of the candy bar wrapper.. truly amazing stuff there! Thanks for linking up with Paper Issues!

Jackie said...

Oh, this is CRAZY CUTE, <3 it! So glad you linked up with Paper Issues!

WillieburgScrapper said...

OMG LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! The design is beautiful!!!! That page is fabulous- if I could get paper butterflies out a reese's cup I would go broke. :) Thanks for linking to Paper Issues- try to join us this weekend for a blog hop full of RAK opps.

Emily said...

Shut the front door!!! If I had butterflies coming out of my candy like that, I'd probably eat more of it! Then again, that's probably not a good thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...