Wednesday, April 6

April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!

It's that time again! It's my third month participating in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. I'm so excited, each month I get a little bit more finished with the kit than I did the previous month. April is the first month that the CKC's DT called the Master Forger's get to reveal their kits too (not me, I didn't apply because I don't have the time but I LOVE the challenges). Check them out here, and see the April Kit Challenge here.

For April, the Inspiration Kit for this is put together by a BRAND NEW kit club called Front Porch Kits...you can visit their website at http://www.frontporchkits.com/ .

I love it when they choose a kit that is already sold out, because I confess I would feel guilty otherwise. (Front Porch Kits sold out on their FIRST DAY! Congrats to them!!!) You ought to watch their reveal video here because they have lots of neat tips and tutorials in it.





 This is their debut kit that, as I said, that is SOLD OUT

A Little Birdie Told Me






 Isn't it yummy with the yellows, and teals, and black?

Here is my Counterfeit Kit



I loved how Shazi collaged her photos so I did something similar. This is going to be a fun kit sure to get me in the Springtime mood.

If you want to play along, they recommend on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog that the next step is:

The CHALLENGE is to use this kit for inspiration. How, you ask? Well, there are many ways to go about this. Here are a few ideas...
  • Try and match every piece in the kit as close as possible to something from your supply stash.
  • Use the "kit contents" as inspiration, and recreate your own kit with the same types of supplies, but in a different color or style that corresponds better with your preferences/photographs/scrapbook style/tastes.
  • Make an even smaller "page kit" or "card kit"..."counterfeiting" just a few items from this month's kit as inspiration. 
  • Using the color scheme from the kits as inspiration, try to re-create a kit of your own using whatever supplies you have available.
Then throughout the month, the Master Forgers post tutorials, inspiration, and challenges (with prizes) on the blog. How could you not want to join in? :)







Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

23 comments:

Tricia said...

Beautiful kit! You did such a great job of photographing your kit elements and making a yummy collage. I need a lesson. I would buy this kit!

Maya said...

Love your kit! It looks terrific! I love reading about the counterfeit challenges, I would love to give it a try one day!

Tara O said...

I think I'll let you pick my kit for me next month...gorgeous!

Kim Strother said...

I love the photo(s) of your kit and everything you put in it. Very pretty!

scrappymo! said...

I love everything about your kit...especially the collage. I think you should post directins on how to create a collage...teehee...

Seriously, I am really wanting to learn how to do this!
Great kit.

taylortattle said...

Wow, that is such a beautiful collection of goodies, yummy indeed. I would have purchased that kit for sure, and yours too, LOL! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog; sorry its taken me a while to get to yours, oh its lovely. And I took your advice on scheduling a few posts for when I'm away, thanks for reminding me. I haven't used that feature in Typepad yet Sue (I wish blogger would stop calling me taylortattle!)

taylortattle said...

Oops, I wasn't calling you Sue, I removed the exclamation mark and forgot to put in a full stop. Jeez, I really should turn off the computer!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Yummy collage! I like the colors you choose and can't wait to see what you make with the sheet music!

Margie said...

Gorgeous kit, and I love the way you photographed it!!Awesome!!

Pam from Maine said...

Great job on April's Counterfeit Kit. Can't wait to see your results.

Tammy said...

Wow - what a beautiful kit. I'm going to check out that club - I think you're right, it's good that it's sold out! LOL. Looking forward to seeing what you create this month!

Lorraine said...

I want to have a o at this in the future. Good Job and I liked the way you captured it.

Clair said...

Ah, such a lovely kit and beautiful photography. I especially love the way you've photographed your glitter! Such inspiration :)

I didn't spend as long photographing mine this month because I was desperate to start using it!

Sian said...

Gorgeous kit! I love everything about it - maybe you could just send it my direction and I could get stuck in? lol

Geri said...

you did a great job making this kit so eye appealing! All your photography staging is awesome!

A Creative Operation said...

Stunning choices!

smdluxe said...

wow!!! I abosoutley love this! And the collage is perfect. I love your paper choices and the embellishments that you used. I can't wait to see what you create with it!

Jenny said...

What a great kit! I like it better than the inspiration. Please, please, please tell us how you made that really cool collage. Please???

joyce rodli said...

OOOOOOOOOOH and OOOOOOOOOOOH

~Mar said...

Love it! Fantastic kit photos. :)

Sherri Thompson said...

Amazing kit, Julie! I am going to take photography lessons from you! I love how you've shown your kit. :)

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Hi everyone, thanks for loving my kit and photography. I've posted a collage tutorial here (April 10, 2011): Tutorial Link

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

I love the collage too! Shazi's idea is a hit!!! I love your kit, it resembles the original so well. The colors are perfect. Thanks for playing!
*meridy*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...