I've had several requests for how to make a photo collage or storyboard like the one above.
First of all, I made this in Photoshop Elements. If you want the rounded corners, you'll need Photoshop Elements or Photoshop and an "action" that does rounded corners. I use the free rounded corners action from the Coffeeshop Blog. The link for it is here. (Follow the given tutorial).
I also link to more tutorials (Photoshop, Corel Paintshop Pro, and MS Paint) at the end.
1. First, use the rounded corners action on all your photos as referred to above.
2. Open a new document with a white background that is the size Width: 782 pixels by Length: 1128 pixels, and 300 pixels/inch.
3. Then start dragging photos onto your document using the move tool. Re-size to taste, by using the move tool and dragging a corner of the photo to make it smaller or larger. Move the photo into place.
|Left: Photo is on new document. Right: Photo has been re-sized and moved into place.|
4. Repeat for the remaining photos.
5. Turn on the grid so you can line up the photos. Go to View -> Grid. Line up the photos, and re-size any photos that are smaller or larger than the ones in your column. You can also check spacing between photos.
6. Repeat Steps 2 to 5 for remaining photos.
7. Save the finished document twice, first with layers and second in a format for the web. I save mine in .TIFF or .PSD format with layers in case I want to go back and change any of the layers. Then I save it at a web-size, as a .JPG.
Here is my finished collage, with a text layer (optional) added for a title. As you see, I didn't do the rounded corners for this collage. Any questions?
- How to Create Your Own Storyboards by Amy Frasier (using FD's Flickr Mosaics)
How to Make Your Own Storyboards by Ree, The Pioneer Woman (in Photoshop)
- How to Make a Picture Collage Using MS Paint
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader