Thursday, April 21

Favorite Scrapbooking Blogs

Inspired by yesterday's prompt in my favorite class, Beyond Blogging for Scrapbookers, I'd love to share with you a few of my favorite scrapbooking blogs today, and favorite posts they've written.


  • A Bit East: http://abiteast.typepad.com/   I'm a long-time fan of Keisha and her blog. I love her layouts as they are always gorgeous. She is a design team member for Making Memories, Jenni Bowlin, and Heidi Swapp I think. This post is an excellent example of what I love, her photographs are always romantic and beautiful.
  • Danielle Flanders http://danielleflanders.blogspot.com Danielle is a super sweet person, as we were on the Prima Hybrid team together. She is a design team member for Crate Paper, Jenni Bowlin, Melissa Frances, Papertrey Ink, and Pink Paislee. This post is an excellent example of what I love about her blog, a beautiful layout, and she walks you through it.
  • Write Click Scrapbook http://www.writeclickscrapbook.com/ This is a great collaborative blog with lots of great, informative and inspiring content. This post is an excellent example of what I love about it, the topic of embracing imperfection.
  • It's Just Paper: http://staceymichaud.blogspot.com/ Stacey's blog is a newer discovery of mine, yet I greatly admire her work. Stacey in on the design teams for Webster's Pages, Teresa Collins, Scrapstreet.com Magazine, and My Scrapbook Nook. This  post is an excellent example of what I love about it, a tutorial for DIY home decor.
If you'd like to read about more of my favorite and inspirational bloggers, click on the label "Favorite Bloggers" in my sidebar.


**************
Reading and Answering Comments
April 5 - April 8, 2011
Skip to the Comment Section by Scrolling Down to Leave a Comment for This Post or click Here



corrie has left a new comment on your post "Sketchy Thursday/Counterfeit Kit Layout":
LOVE THIS!!! It is so vibrant and alive!! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!
Posted by corrie to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 5, 2011 2:54 PM

Maya has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Love your kit! It looks terrific! I love reading about the counterfeit challenges, I would love to give it a try one day!
Posted by Maya to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 6, 2011 7:32 PM

Margie has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Gorgeous kit, and I love the way you photographed it!!Awesome!!
Posted by Margie to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 7:23 AM

Hi Corrie, Maya, and Margie! I love sketches and this was a really cool sketch. And participating in the April Counterfeit Kit Challenge is so motivating! It's always a challenge to photograph the kit though. :) Thanks for visiting!!! xoxo
_____________________



Melissa has left a new comment on your post "Book Shopping":
Wow, looks like you're going to have a nice pile of books to read. The only one I've read from your list today is The Purpose Driven Life, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I just finished The Hunger Games and was lucky to pick up the second book in that triology at the library today.
Posted by Melissa to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 5, 2011 5:32 PM

Hi Melissa! I hope you liked The Purpose Driven Life. I think I heard about it on Oprah? It was a great deal that I couldn't pass up!


Raspberry Bunny has left a new comment on your post "As Seen In GingerScrapsStreet Magazine":
I really love this look of this, absolutely adorable! almost makes me want to run upstairs and create... lovely x
Posted by Raspberry Bunny to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 6, 2011 3:01 PM

Hi Raspberry Bunny! I am so flattered, thank you so much!!!! xoxo



S has left a new comment on your post "As Seen In GingerScrapsStreet Magazine":
Your post is a virtual feast for the eyes - so much pretty to look at!
Posted by S to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 9:03 AM





Lorraine has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
I want to have a o at this in the future. Good Job and I liked the way you captured it.
Posted by Lorraine to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 11:23 AM
 





Clair has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Ah, such a lovely kit and beautiful photography. I especially love the way you've photographed your glitter! Such inspiration :)
I didn't spend as long photographing mine this month because I was desperate to start using it!
Posted by Clair to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 12:26 PM
 



 
Sian has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Gorgeous kit! I love everything about it - maybe you could just send it my direction and I could get stuck in? lol
Posted by Sian to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 12:27 PM





Hi Lorraine, Clair, and Sian! Lorraine, Go For It! Clair, I hear you. Believe me, I rushed as fast as I could!!! Half of me said, Are you crazy? Just play already!!! Sian, you are so sweet! Thanks!!! xoxo




_______
 
Geri has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
you did a great job making this kit so eye appealing! All your photography staging is awesome!
Posted by Geri to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 5:06 PM 

Tricia has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Beautiful kit! You did such a great job of photographing your kit elements and making a yummy collage. I need a lesson. I would buy this kit!

Posted by Tricia to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 6, 2011 7:28 PM 

Tara O has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
I think I'll let you pick my kit for me next month...gorgeous!

Posted by Tara O to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 6, 2011 11:02 PM 

Kim Strother has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
I love the photo(s) of your kit and everything you put in it. Very pretty!

Posted by Kim Strother to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 12:23 AM 

scrappymo! has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
I love everything about your kit...especially the collage. I think you should post directins on how to create a collage...teehee...
Seriously, I am really wanting to learn how to do this!
Great kit.
Posted by scrappymo! to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 3:52 AM 

taylortattle (http://taylortattle.typepad.com/) has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Wow, that is such a beautiful collection of goodies, yummy indeed. I would have purchased that kit for sure, and yours too, LOL! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog; sorry its taken me a while to get to yours, oh its lovely. And I took your advice on scheduling a few posts for when I'm away, thanks for reminding me. I haven't used that feature in Typepad yet Sue (I wish blogger would stop calling me taylortattle!) 
 
 

Hi Geri, Tricia, Tara O, Kim, scrappymo!, and Sue!!! Thanks for visiting! I did create a collage tutorial and posted it here. You all are so flattering, I ought to print out your compliments and tape them to the mirror! :) xoxo
 _________________

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Yummy collage! I like the colors you choose and can't wait to see what you make with the sheet music!
Posted by Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 7:03 AM


Pam from Maine has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Great job on April's Counterfeit Kit. Can't wait to see your results.
Posted by Pam from Maine to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 9:14 AM


Tammy has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Wow - what a beautiful kit. I'm going to check out that club - I think you're right, it's good that it's sold out! LOL. Looking forward to seeing what you create this month!
Posted by Tammy to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 10:31 AM 

A Creative Operation has left a new comment on your post "April Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!":
Stunning choices!
Posted by A Creative Operation to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 7, 2011 5:42 PM

Hi Crystal, Pam, Tammy and A Creative Operation!!! So far, I haven't used the sheet music yet, and I've only posted one layout because I'm also making a mini that is taking a long time to make! LOL Thanks so much for all your kind words and your visits! xoxo
_________

Cheri has left a new comment on your post "Blogging for Scrapbookers: Why I Scrap and Why I B...":

Your layouts are beautiful Julie and I really admire your talent.
I am also an introvert at heart, but I found that through my blog I developed a tribe of loyal followers who read and comment and allow me to be me and make me feel oh-so-much-better about myself and where I am in life.
Hang in there! The embarrassment over the Facebook Faux Pas will pass quickly. Live and learn.
Posted by Cheri to Inspiration for Generation C 2.00 at April 8, 2011 4:00 PM

Thank you Cheri for your support! I so appreciate it! xoxo





 
Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

8 comments:

JO SOWERBY said...

thanx so much for ur kind comments. i did the header and then couldnt figure out how to do that widening bit cos it wasnt covered in the tutorial. could you give me any hints on how to do it. it's saved as a png file but im sure i could do something else with it. thanx in advance. ps ur blog is fabulously stylish, how did you get all the pretty buttons for ur different pages at the top?
Jo xxx

Colleen said...

Love how you respond to your comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog and answering my survey. I'll have to try playing with the labels and having some show and some not - didn't know you could do this. Thanks!

Tracy said...

I love your page tabs, so pretty!

Jinnag said...

Oh thank you so much for the links - will be checking them out - and I love your take on this prompt - how kind to share like this.

Tammy said...

Love your picks! I love sharing links too and checking out what others are into. :)

Ginger said...

Great picks, I have bookmarked and will come back to them :)

Sian said...

I love your choices, because they are some of my favourites too :)

You asked about followers - I think you are doing very nicely on that score, and if you give me a minute I'll add to your total..

Rebekah said...

Found you through Shimelle's class. Love the shabby chic look of your blog. I can't decide whether to go clean and simple or shabby or what!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...