Sunday, May 8

My May Counterfeit Kit and Altered Projects


Hello and happiest of  iNational Scrapbook Weekend to You!!!! I hope you all are having fun, and I can't forget to wish all of my mother friends a Very Happy Mother's Day as well!


It's a beautiful sunshiney day here, and I'm excited....so very excited to start playing with my May Counterfeit Kit!!!! From the CKC Blog: "This month's "summery" inspiration kit...the May 2011 Inspiration Kit for this is put together by Work In Prgress Kits...you can visit their website at http://wipkits.blogspot.com/


Work in Progress released their May 2011 Kit on April 15h...and it was sold out that very day, so this is an IDEAL kit to counterfeit!!!

The link to the picture of their May Kit is...
If you want to learn more about the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, go here first.  

ABOUT MY KIT: So you can see that my kit does not resemble the WIP kit at all. When I saw the pink in the Mother's Day kit below the WIP Main kit, I knew I wanted to create a kit around the Pink Paislee Soiree Collage Paper I had just purchased. 
Shop At  Scrapbooking Supplies R Us
Since I was shopping from my own supplies, I made a huge kit, with lots of add-ons. And I even splurged and bought some hybrid/digital supplies from House of 3 which is closing its doors today (Sunday, May 8th) so if you want some goodies, go there now. I am focusing more on the Party theme, as I have a niece and nephew graduating soon. Time to celebrate! 
***************************
I also have to share a few ALTERED projects. First, I made this guitar for Say It With Letters. I was inspired by an artist I saw in Myrtle Beach last year who alters full-size guitars. 





And then this altered cigar box I made for the Mixed Maniacs Challenge at the Studio Tangie Creative Team blog. You can take the challenge to win a $25.00 GC to Tangie's store!











 
 
 
 
Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader
Pin It

19 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow - you've been busy! Love the altered projects - that guitar is phenomenal. And I like your Counterfeit Kit waaaaaaaay better than the original!

A Creative Operation said...

These projects are stunning, and your kit is awesome!

S said...

Wow, I'm overwhelmed by that kit and even more by your projects. Well done.

Tricia said...

I can see that you like bright, happy colors. Your kit is amazing and your altered projects are stunning!

Emily said...

Your kit and the photos of your kits are just amazing! And so is that fabulous guitar.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great kit! I especially love the hybrid add on. I've been reading your blog for a while (but lurking instead of commenting), and I really love it! I guess I should comment more often.
Rinda

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

AMAZING! and you talk about MY kits being huge LOL! Great job!

redmom said...

Wow what a rockin' kit & add ons!!

Melissa said...

What a great kit! I like that you added the hybrid elements, I think that's the first I've seen of that. Looking forward to seeing what you make using the kit. Nice alterned projects, too!

Keshet said...

Wow, love the guitar, very cool!

Cheryl McCain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl McCain said...

Love Love LOVE your altered project! I did not know that House of 3 was closing. Geez!!
I wish Blogger would let me log in as name and url -- I don't use my blogger account anymore, so here's my site. http://scrapyourlife.net

Margie said...

Wowzers! What a Gorgeous kit!! I want your kit!!And lovely altered projects, too!

Sian said...

I think I could do some serious scrapping with all thses beautiful bits! I'm especially loving the embellishment and the vintage add-on. You should go into business!

airing cupboard crafts said...

I am in awe!!!! Your guitar is amazing x x

Tara O said...

Great kit this month! I think you beat me out in the amount this month too!! LOL!

Your altered projects were to DIE for!

Tammy said...

That guitar is stunning! So, so cool! I love your kits too - especially the emebellies! Swooning over here. I'm sure you are going to create some gorgeous projects! :)

Jimjams said...

Awesome kit - simply stunning. I was tempted by Ho3's sale too - my first (paid-for not freebie) supplies for hybrid!

Love your altered art work too - very creative!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous kit! Where can I order one?? Love all the bright colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...