Thursday, July 7

July Counterfeit Kit Time!

My Main Kit for July

It's that time again for the new Counterfeit Kit Challenge. What is the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, you ask? As stated on their blog, "On the 5th of every month here at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, we will choose a kit from a popular kit club (for inspiration) and challenge you to create a "counterfeit kit", using just the supplies you already own....In addition to our "counterfeit" challenge, we will also include a few other challenges (to actually USE these kits), a few tutorials (for creating your own embellishments), and a blog hop (toward the end of the month for everyone to SHARE their "counterfeit kits" and their creations)! "

This Month's Inspiration Kit... 
This month the Master Forgers picked a kit from July 2010 instead of a current kit, in order to mix things up a bit, as all the kits are starting to look the same right about now. You can view the July 2010 inspiration kit from Polka Dot Whimsy and the list of contents at http://polkadotwhimsy.com/_product_33999/July_Main_Kit-Cape_Cod.Polka dot Wimsey also has two add-on kits this month.
July 2010 Martha's Vineyard Add On
July 2010 Liberty Shores Add On
Gabrielle, one of the Master Forgers, has created a "Travel" themed Add-on Kit to coordinate with Polka Dot Whimsy July 2010 Kit.   If you would like to create a Travel Add-On Kit, please feel free to Counterfeit Gabrielle's...or simply pull a few 'travel' embellishments from your stash of supplies to coordinate with your July 2010 Counterfeit Kit.  For more information about Gabrielle's Add-On Kit, please visit her blog http://nomorelittlemonkeys.blogspot.com/


About My July Counterfeit Kit
When I first saw the inspiration kit, I was hesitant that I would participate this month because not much of the kit spoke to me. Then I saw the kits of the Master Forgers, and started to get inspired. I was even inspired to make a "Liberty Crossing" add-on kit which surprised me because I usually shy away from the red-white-and blue traditional color scheme at all costs.

Obviously I didn't try to match the Inspiration Kit. I decided to pull some papers that I liked that screamed summer to me. A fun floral, polka dot, yellow check, aquas, greens, and pink. It's more of a dreamy, romantic, shabby type of summer kit in my opinion - with the rosette ribbon, the Melissa Frances embellishments, Prima flowers, and some handmade paper flowers too.


I really enjoyed making the handmade paper flowers that were inspired from a tutorial I found on Pinterest. I used my Coluzzle Flower Template, instead of the paper punch, and then followed the rest of the instructions. Click on the image below to add the tutorial to your Pinterst or check out the tutorial directly by clicking here.


Here is my "Liberty Crossing Add-On" Kit



I built the Liberty Crossing kit around the Girls Loft Paper in the upper left hand corner. Again, I didn't try to match anything from the original kit.

I looked for red and blue patterned papers, and then a few co-ordinating patterns, plus a few pieces of cardstock. These papers just make me happy!


Among the embellishments, I added some buttons, Webster's Pages flowers, red mist, beach-themed stickers, travel-themed stickers, red and blue twine, lots of ribbon, and a few handmade cupcake liner carnations.
Check back later in the month to see what fun pages I make with these kits, and check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog's Mister Linky to see what everyone else is making too! Better yet, join in the fun!!!









Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader
Pin It

13 comments:

Glinda said...

Oh how I love your kits. I can't wait to see what you make with it all.

Lisa said...

fantastic kits! the main one really does scream summer and I spy many of my current fave papers in there! You are going to get such a lot of mileage out of both of them because they are adorable. And I will be checking out the tutorial because your flowers are glorious!

helen said...

Absolutely beautiful - I love both of these - so pretty!

Jenny said...

As usual, I love both your kits, but the Red, White and Blue one really inspires me. I haven't put my kit together yet, but have been toying with the idea of just doing the Liberty kit. Seeing your gorgeous selection of paper and embellishments has sealed the deal for me. Off to find some R, W and B!

S said...

Very lovely, as always - great patterns and textures to your kit. Happy scrapping!

chksngr said...

Gorgeous!!!

Linda said...

Both kits are gorgeous. I really like the flowers you made.

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Great kits. The primary one did not "speak" to me either, and you know my kit looks NOTHING like that one but that is the fun of this, make it work for you. LOVE your homemade flowers!

Bethany said...

I'm glad you found your inspiration through the kit! Your kit is gorgeous...I think I might even like yours better. :)

Bethany

A Creative Operation said...

WOW! Gorgeous kits!

Clair said...

Super, scrumptious kits. I like both of yours more than the originals! And all of your embellishments are to die for! :)

Margie said...

I am so glad you played-I always love seeing your kits and projects!!Gorgeous-especially your Liberty Crossing kit!

Tara O said...

What a YUMMY kit! I wanna steal yours....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...