Monday, August 15

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1: Sketch Swap Challenge

Ok, apparently I don't follow directions very well as the August Guest Designer for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. LOL  I was so excited to participate in this challenge that I picked out a sketch and made a layout that I didn't realize that we were supposed to do the OPPOSITE (instead of a layout make a card or vice versa)!!!!! Oops!

Here is the official challenge information from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog:

We love "Sketch Support Sketches...we will be doing all of our challenges based on those this month.  Don't get too far ahead of me, though.  Each challenge will still have our own twist on it.

Head on over to the Sketch Support site and pick a sketch.  Now use that sketch to make the opposite of what you picked.  If you picked a card sketch...use it to make a layout.  If you picked a layout sketch, use it to make a card.  Don't forget to show us which sketch you are using for this challenge!"
This is my layout for Challenge #1. It is a One-Page Sketch #8 as seen here: http://www.sketchsupport.com/p/one-page-sketches.html


I made the zipper flower from two zippers using these tutorials from Pinterest. They were such fun, you have got to try it!

Tutorial #1


Tutorial #2





I used a circle scallop punch to make the pennants for the banner. Anyways, even though I didn't follow the challenge rules, this was a lot of fun! Thanks for visiting!!! xoxo


Check out more of the Master Forger Challenge layouts by clicking on the badge above. Thanks for having me as the August Guest Designer!





Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader
Pin It

10 comments:

Tammy said...

I really need to spend more time at Counterfeit kit. I get so much inspiration there. Oh, so much scrapping, so little time. I love your layout. The zipper flower is so very cool and I love all the butterflies and glitter letters and details. Awesome layout Julie!

Miss Misi said...

Very nice! I like your zipper flower.

S said...

Those zipper flowers do look fun. Great layout.

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

I'm bad at reading the directions, myself! I love your layout, it's just gorgeous! The folded over scalloped circles are lovely!

Blossom inch said...

this page is totally gorgeous, I am loving everything.

Jimjams said...

Gorgeous page and wonderful flowers!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

It is ok that you didn't follow instructions, you scrapped and it turned out awesome! great job!

Rita Barakat said...

Gorgeous page girly!

Margie said...

Everything about this is GORGEOUS!! Rules were made to be broken, lol!!

Ali said...

Great LO, love that cream frame and the music background and I HAVE to have a go at your zipper flowers. Very very lovely LO.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...