Saturday, October 15

Candy Inspiration Challenge


Use candy to inspire your project!  Pick your favorite candy and use the colors/packaging/reason it is your favorite and get to creating something great!
 
I was inspired by my favorite Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups to make these medallions.  I'll share some tutorial links below. I used black cardstock- I think 1.5" x 12", and folded it every 3/8" or so. I used vintage dictionary paper and kraft cardstock and my nestability dies for the centers. I added silver glitter to the middle. These will eventually go on a Halloween banner, you'll have to check back next week to see the banner. Oh, and if you want to see the tutorial for the DIY Designer Pumpkin that I wrote, you can get it here.

Check out what the other Master Forgers have made for this Candy Challenge and get in on the fun too! 
Add your project to Mister Linky here.

Don't forget that Momenta is offering a great prize pack this month!
All you need to do is friend them on facebook and e-mail the CKC blog (counterfeitkitchallenge@yahoo.com) to let us know to be entered!!  Let's see how many friends we can get them this month!  (they are VERY generous!)


Related Tutorials

Pleated Medallion Tutorial by Cindy G

Paper Medallions Tutorial by Kerry Lynn Yeary

________________________________

Halloween Art Journal!

Here are my latest pages in my Halloween Art Journal.












Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

8 comments:

Margie said...

Your Halloween Art Journal looks awesome!- I love how you were inspired here, too!

Helen said...

Your medallions look lovely (in a spooky way!)

Lisa said...

i adore your medallions and will be trying to come up with something half as gorgeous soon!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

I just love your work, such a classy display! Can't wait to see your banner later this month.

Emily said...

Those medallions are awesome!!! Can't wait to see the banner you use them on!! And your art journal leaves me speechless... it's fantastic!!!

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo wonderful, and very scary! Kim

Jimjams said...

Gorgeous creativity - looking forward to seeing the banner.

mytwoandras said...

Your medallions made me think of the Peanut Kisses candies in the black or orange wrappers. Yum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...