Sunday, October 2

Halloween Art Journal

I'm doing a Halloween Art Journal with Studio Tangie!


I posted yesterday on the Studio Tangie blog the start of my Halloween Art Journal. You can read about my first nine background pages here, and see it in the Scrapbookgraphics gallery here.

Then I printed out a few pages and some cut-out embellishments to make a hybrid mini art journal. This is what it looked like after I printed it all and cut it out.


I printed out pieces from Tangie's Art Journal Workshop Kit, as well as from Tangie's Halloween Magic Collab, and Tangie's Featured Kit at My Scrapbook Art right now: Moonlight Hollow.

Instructions:
  • For the hybrid cover, I used water-soluble crayons along the edges. 
  • I adhered the page to the cardboard piece with purple paint. I was a little messy with the paint. 
  • I ripped some of the cardboard away from the corner and folded it down. 
  • I tucked a pin in the corner. 
  • I added mini letter stickers to spell out "art journal". 
  • I put the  circle out-outs on pop-dots and added them to the cover.
  • I put the felt hat on a pop-dot and added it to the pumpkin stack.
  • Then I punched the holes in the side.

Here's a shot of what the bare album looks like...a mix of carboard and scalloped chipboard pages...all from Prima.



October 2: Memories of Halloween Past


Journaling: Today's entry is about childhood memories of Halloween. I remember when Mom made me a Wonderwoman costume in 2nd grade. One year I was Princess Leah of Star Wars, and Mom  gave me side buns just like hers. The game that stands out most is bobbing for apples. One year Aunt Lois and Uncle Bob scared us at our party by walking down the stairs (to scary music) as Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein.  I remember having to wear snowsuits under our costumes one year. My favorite (memory) is long walks on Walker Lake Road in Ontario with Dad and our neighbors on Halloween night. In college, costumes were simple. I would wear black, and a mask and say I was a cat. The last costume I wore won a prize at a party for being an angel with real feather wings.

Again, I printed it out with the title and graphics. I handwrote the journaling, and then added in some extra depth with water-soluble crayons.I adhered the page to the journal with purple paint and sealed the edges with paint.



Is Halloween your favorite holiday too? What is your favorite Halloween memory?






Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader
Pin It

2 comments:

lizzie said...

oh... my... golly i love this!!!

scrappysue said...

oooh, I LOVE Halloween too, its my fav holiday. Great album Julie Ann; I'm tempted to join in the class! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...