Thursday, October 27

October Master Forgers Blog Hop!

Hello friends! It's time for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop! This month we had a really fun theme for the blog hop: BLOG HOP CHALLENGE: Alter some stickers and use them in an unexpected way on your project.  Let's see if we can even recognize them as stickers any more!

Here is a preview of my finished layout:
 My Take on The Challenge
I gathered various border stickers and washi tape for this project. I also grabbed the packaging from some rub-ons that I will recycle (not shown in photo).

Next, I put the border stickers, washi tape, and fabri-strips on the packaging. Then I layered more on top, especially scallops and pennants.

I found this download for a hexagon pattern. I re-sized it in Photoshop Elements for my project. If you would like 5 pre-set sizes from 3/4" to 1.5" hexagons, try this link.

 Use the pattern sheet as a guide for cutting the hexagons from the layered sticker sheet.

With the left-over from the sticker sheet, I ran it through my Big Shot and used a die to cut a doily for use as an embellishment, as you'll see on the layout.


 I added text to this photo before printing it out, and I used the following sketch...


Source: None via Julie on Pinterest











Here is the Blog Hop List below. Your next stop is Kim!


Guest Designer - Kerri
Helen
Jemma
Jen
Jessica
Julie Ann
Kim
Lisa
Margie
Milissa
Rebecca
Susanne




Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

14 comments:

Jimjams said...

I knew you'd come up with a fabulous way to use stickers JA - this is such a fun page too!

Blossom inch said...

awesome technique on the hexagon and beautiful pic printed with the sentiment and gorgeous burst of color combination altogether...really beautiful Julie!

Helen said...

Your layering up of the stickers is such a great idea! I love your hexies and the doiley - and your page is beautiful!

Emily said...

I would never have picked those out as your stickers! Thank you for the great tutorial.

Margie said...

What an awesome way to disguise your stickers! Love the hexagons!

mytwoandras said...

Great way to use up those extra border strips. Or for some of us who have loads of Heidi Swapp tape left from years ago.

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

This is a beautiful page! I love your idea of layering your stickers and all the cute little embellishments you made with them!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Love the hexagons you made - the layering makes it extra pretty!

Lisa said...

well, you blew that challenge out of the water! wow! your layout is great but the way you've used the stickers is amazing! fantastic job!

S said...

Well aren't you uber-creative! There is just so much pretty going on on your layout!

Julia said...

Amazing layout, I love how you used your stickers to create unique embellishments!

Angela (Toucan Scraps) said...

cleverly done.

Lisa-Jane said...

Well I definitely wouldn't recognise them as stickers. And the hexagons are so on trend too. It looks a fab technique and I will be giving it a go for sure. Not sure why I wasn't already following you but I am now :-)

Tricia said...

Your hexagons remind me of the serendipity squares we made years ago. I loved those, and I love yours. So clever to make a doily out of it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...