Sunday, November 27

Home Decor Blog Hop for Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog & December Daily Kit

The blog hop challenge for November was to make a home decor item. This is also a design team project for Say It With Letters. I took the wooden tree shape from SIWL and painted it this fresh green color, then added glitter. Then I made flowers from my  Nestabilities die, in patterned paper that matches my December Daily Kit that is posted below. I used embossed black cardstock for the tree base. I just love the finished result.

I also made a kit for December Daily.
Now I have to confess that the album in the middle is my album from last year that I barely got past day three. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it for 2011 yet or if I'm going to try to complete 2010 and 2011 at the same time, using the storybook as the album for 2011. This will be year 5? that I've joined Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas.

 Your next stop on the blog hop is 

awesomepants Kim !



Blog Hop Order of Counterfeit Kit Challenge Master Forgers and Scraptastic Friends:









Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

23 comments:

scrappysue said...

Love your tree Julie Ann, its Christmassy and girlie all at the same time! Looks like you've got a great JYC kit there; I am currently finishing up 2008 - 2010 (2009 was a huge mess, so that might not happen this year!), I am quietly confident I can tackle them all. We'll see. Good luck with yours! x

beccaf1970 said...

I love how this turned out!!

I'm going to attempt DD/JYC this year too, even though last year's didn't get finished til July!

Margie said...

I knew I would LOVE your project, Julie Ann! That tree is BEAUTIFUL!! and I love your December Daily kit, too,can't wait to see your DD as you work on it!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love your projects! can't wait to see ur DD

Helen said...

I kove your pretty, girly tree - using those flowers was a great idea!

Lisa said...

what a fab.u.ous idea!!!! gorgeous. this would fit right into my girly scrap room if I did it in pink ;-)

oh, and your DD kit is Scrumptious!

mytwoandras said...

I also have a DD that I started last year and only finished a few days. I am using mine this year. I love the album I made so I want to use the same one instead of going back.

Angela (Toucan Scraps) said...

very pretty

kimberly said...

love this idea... going to pin it!!!!
tfs

leokc34 at gmail dot com

Shell said...

Great Job! Love it!

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

What a beautiful tree! And it's so cute it could be left up for spring as well!

deb said...

JA!!! Eeekk - it's completely gorgeous!! Those flowers are so much fun and so GIRLIE!!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

JulieAnn you NEVER cease to amaze me with your creativeness and your writing! I am so honored to be on the team with you! I LOVE THIS! I usually don't like flowers but boy this is a slam dunk! I hope you get past day three for DD, I was hoping to take JYC but it was not in the budget this year so enjoy for me ok!?

scrappymo! said...

Oh so very cute!

I hope you get your Journal your Xmas book finished. I will watch for your blog posts about it!

Emily said...

That is THE most gorgeous tree! And I love all those Christmas goodies.

scrappin_in_AK said...

what a unique idea - love the colors

Heather Landry said...

I really LOVE the ruffled flowers on your Christmas tree. It's such a cool idea!

I wanted to stop by to say thank you very much for following the Counterfeit blog hop to my blog. I appreciated the visit!

Emily said...

OMG Julie! The Tree is simply GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Love love love!!

I hope you get something done for JYC... I didn't get past day four last year. I'm ahead of the game though for this year. I'll send some good mojo your way!!

Jimjams said...

Well combined Julie - love the femininity of this tree - beautiful!

S said...

Oh how fun is that - it has your signature style about it - fab!

Sonia said...

Hi Julie Ann
Amazing Tree with fab flowers, wow!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Such a pretty tree project, Julie Ann! I love the little flowers.

This is my first year to do a December Daily, and I've been enjoying putting pages together. I'm going to try to get past day three, but you never know! :).

Rebecca In MI said...

Quite the Christmas tree! (and good luck on this years December Daily!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...