Tuesday, November 1

OLW Monthly Blog Hop

Welcome EVERYONE to the OLW Monthly Blog Hop!

My One Little Word for 2011 is FABULOUS.

Hopefully by now, you know all about our OLW Blog Hop for Ali Edwards' BP Class that I've been participating in all year long. If not, click here to find out more. I'm the second stop, if you would enjoy starting from the beginning, you may start here. The blog hop goes live at 8 a.m. PACIFIC Time on November 1st.


November 1 OLW Blog Hop Participant List


Margie              http://xnomads.typepad.com/
Julie Ann            http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com
Lisa                        http://backtoallen.com/writers_blog
Sam                        http://learncreatedo.wordpress.com
Jenn                        http://studiojenn.blogspot.com

Cheri                        http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com

Jan                        http://mysimplelittlelife.typepad.com
Debra                        http://blakleyhomeplace.blogspot.com
Nikki                        http://www.inkyart.com.au
Rebekah            http://istampscrapcraft.blogspot.com
Lynn                        http://crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
Amanda            http://scrappnbee.blogspot.com
   

October Assignment

For October, Ali asked us to pick 9 photos that we feel represent our word for a collage, plus a larger photo with journaling on it.


I chose to pick a photo from each month that just felt fabulous to me. It may or may not make sense to you, as they are personally meaningful. So are obvious, such as my newborn nephew where I took the first family portrait (which I tried to fit into the collage but it was too wide) or my nephew that graduated from high school where I was at his house to take his photo.

Top Row, L to R: January: Our Living Room, New Decorating Choices with My Husband; February: Organizing My Scraproom; March: Fun Art Journal with Studio Tangie (Creative Team). 
Middle Row, L to R: April: Easter Walk with my husband and our loving dog; May: my nephew was born; June: several of my nephews and a niece graduated from high school so this nephew represents that.
Bottom Row, L to R: July: 4th of July with another nephew; August: In Ohio on Lake Erie, holding my happy dog overdue for a haircut (LOL); September: Family Reunion - we forgot to take a photo of everyone at the family reunion yet this is a photo of my immediate family and my husband.


Journaling:      hello fabulous      october 2011
 I still want to make happen with my word "Fabulous" a thrilling change in my self-image, by taking loving self-care of myself. I've felt hindered by my injuries this year, and now I feel I'm turning the corner on this. The action item for me is “magic” as we turn toward the rest of the holidays, and as I write this on Halloween night - we have a good  start at a magical  night. I was really into Halloween this year, I  decorated the house this year and  dressed  up Friday (our dog) as a bumblebee. We are  having Thanksgiving at our  house, and we are not going on vacation in December... so we can focus on the fabulous magic.

Journaling explained:
If you remember the last few months of my OLW entries where I mentioned I experienced set-backs due to plantar fasciitis and hip problems. My hip is much better (yay!), and I have a lot of hope for my plantar fasciitis. I got an early Christmas present as my husband bought me a home ultrasound machine on Amazon, kind of like they use in physical therapy centers, yet made for home use (not the kind used for maternity and ob-gyn! LOL)  So I kept the referral to that very short in my journaling, as I said I see myself turning the corner.Once I overcome the pain due to these problems, I hope I'll lose weight by exercising back on a regular schedule without babying the feet or hip. I have one appointment coming up for endomitriosis on Nov. 3 and hopefully next blog hop I will have more good news to report.

The last 3 or 4 years we have taken vacations in early December to Florida or Mexico. This year we are staying home in December and not only that, having my husband's family to our home for Thanksgiving! So home for the holidays all around. I do like that. Although I really like vacations in warm places since it's already really cold here, it's rather stressful to take a big vacation right before Christmas. This let's me focus on making "magic." How fabulous!!!!

So now you're next stop for our 

OLW Blog Hop is the fabulous  

 Lisa!!!!  





Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

9 comments:

Nihao, Cupcake! by Margie said...

Fabulous! Have to say that everytime. Wow, you have a lot of nephews and so many graduated all at once from high school?! Amazing. I love stopping by every month to hear all you've been up to. Sounds like a lot of progress for you. Thanks again for your participation.

ScrappnBee said...

Love your OLW nine patch, and that you did one pic a month! That rocks! Glad to know that you are feeling better. Hope that your condition continues to improve. Thanks for sharing! -Amanda

Cheri said...

Love that crow! Great job with this month's prompt and here's to hoping you are completely healed and back on track soon... you are missed in blogland.

Rebekah said...

I sure wish you speedy healing. I love your fabulous photos and neat crow. That looks like a fun project!

Lynn said...

Julie Ann - I did an addendum on my blog post for today to respond to your request for more info on my photos - thanks for giving me a nudge! If you have a chance revisit my blog www.crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
Glad to hear things are better! Love your photos!

Jan B said...

So happy to hear that your ailments are ailing you less! Believe me, after just coming off hip surgery, it IS so great to get mobility - and motivation - back! I hope all continues to improve for you.

Your collage is great. I love that your photos are so meaningful to you - that's how it should be. And that crow? TRULY fabulous! I love it! I love your handwriting, too!

Thanks so much for you sweet and encouraging comments on my blog post, too, Julie Ann. :)

Blessings as we finish out the year. I hope your holidays will be more fabulous than you imagine!

MonicaB said...

The crow is Fabulous! We love Halloween here. Thanks for sharing all the big moments in your family, sounds like you have had an exciting year. So glad you are on the mend and look forward to seeing the "magic" over the next few months.

learncreatedo said...

It's fabulous! to hear you are on the mend and looking forward. I love your collage. What a great idea to get a pic from each month. Oh and I love the crow and your journaling. Just Fab!

Marit said...

Oh, I didn't realize but the new year is approaching fast - I should start thinking about a new word. For 2011 it was 'awareness' and this word taught me so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...