Thursday, March 22

CKCB Mini Challenge #2: Use Those Punches

"Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog"

Use those Punches!  Border, corner, layered... don't  care what you use, but we want to see evidence of Punching on your project.

For this layout "Sweet Baby ZZ's" (my sister and her adorable son), I used several different punches: border punches and my Big Shot. I used my friend Patti West's scallop punches and layered two punched borders along the left side of the layout. Then I cut with my Big Shot and flower dies different size flowers with vintage fabrics and burlap to make the layered fabric embellishment, and topped it with a purchased flower (in red - a RAK from a friend...not sure of the manufacturer). The scallop border across the top might look like it was punched too, which it could have been, however it is Maya Road Chipboard Banner pieces that I covered with patterned paper, and embellished with twine and buttons.




Check out what everyone else is making for 

the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Mini Challenge #2 here!


P.S. Here are some more punch ideas from Pinterest...



Border punches different ways


Source: youtube.com via Julie on Pinterest

Loads of Punch-Its techniques 


Creating Frames with Nestabilities™ dies

 


Tutorial: Pretty paper flowers made with circle punches



rounded corner pinwheel. 


Making round borders with straight border punch tutorial 


Punched paper chains 


use a border punch, then cut it up into small tags--clever! 


Punched Paper Flowers







7 comments:

Mary B said...

Love all the layering great photo bless him

S said...

Great layouts - and thanks for all the other ideas too!

Helen said...

Love all the texture on your page - especially the lovely flower - thanks for the links!

Glinda said...

Oh thank you for all the tips. Your layout is wonderful I love how you did the little banner and flower. I also like how you added just a little tie on you s, I wish I could remember to do things like that. You inspire me so much Thanks

Julia said...

Such an inspiring layout!! And all the links you posted...fabulous!

Lisa said...

I love that you always give us more! More colour, more texture, more layers, more deisn and then you throw in more blog post too with all thos links. Wow! Thanks. Your layout is reall lovely and you really rocked this challenge!

scrappymo! said...

Your layout is just great...LOVED all the hints. Can't wait to try them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...