Tuesday, March 6

March Counterfeit Kit Challenge and Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Master Forgers Blog Hop!
As posted on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog on the 5th of every month, it's time for a new inspiration kit to Counterfeit!
This month the Master Forgers welcome Mary Buttons as our Guest Designer. We are so excited to have her joining in our fun this month.
If you found me from Jen's blog, I'm so glad you are here!

March Inspiration Kit
It is the SOLD OUT March 2012 Kit, featuring the yellow and blue Authentique "Genuine" Collection, and My Mind's Eye "On the Bright Side" Collection.
You can shop for Kit Extras at Birds of a Feather HERE.
Contents:
Authentique “Genuine” Collection
2 Sheets “Dependable”
2 Sheets “True”
2 Sheets “Friendship”
1 Details 12x12 Stickers
true dependable friendship details

My Mind’s Eye “On the Bright Side” Collection
1 Sheet “Blue Wood”
1 Sheet “Yellow Chevron”
blue wood yellow chevron

My Mind’s Eye “Miss Caroline” Collection
1 “Hello There” Cardstock Title Diecut
1 “Lucky” Cardstock Title Diecut
hello there  lucky

Jillibean Soup
1 12x12 Corrugated Sheet - White
corrugated
Ranger
1 .5-ounce Glossy Accents
glossy accents 
Mode International
1 5.5” Tube Round Seed Beads – Deep Aqua
seed beads

Fabscraps
1 package Small Rectangular Frames - Denim
frames
Kaisercraft
1 Package Wood Flourishes – Magical Butterflies
1 Package Self-Adhesive Pearls – Denim
1 Package Mini Paper Blooms – Buttercream
1 Package Mini Paper Blooms - Iceberg
butterflies pearls  buttercreamiceberg
May Arts
1 Yard 1” Grosgrain Ribbon with Satin Edge – White
1 Yard 5/8” Sheer Ribbon with Ruffled Edge - Navy
grosgrain sheer

American Crafts
2 Sheets Denim
2 Sheets Dandelion
denim dandelion



My March Counterfeit Kit
Main Kit: Catalina Island
 For my kit, I focused on the blue hues as I didn't have any blue/yellow combination papers, nor any of the Authentique or MME papers found in the inspiration kit. This was quite a challenge for me, as I tend to use aqua blues more instead of this true blue/denim blue.

 Embellishments
 Even though the original inspiration kit was on the small side, I pulled a lot of embellishments for this kit according to colors the co-ordinated. I also kept them to a feminine feel. I included two chipboard mini albums that I'd like to make...not sure what they'll end up being, but I've had them for years and I'd like to use them.

Journaling Add On Kit
Since I like to think I am passionate about journaling, I pulled a lot of journaling spots too. Many of them are pre-stamped spots.

Embellishment Add-On Kit
Yes, there are more embellishments! Chipboard, brads, punched circles, tape, beads, buttons, rubons, and also pictured are mists, ink, and paint dabbers.


"What's the next step???

Via the CKC Blog, "The CHALLENGE is to use this kit for inspiration. How, you ask? Well, there are many ways to go about this. Here are a few ideas...
  • Try and match every piece in the kit as close as possible to something from your supply stash.
  • Use the "kit contents" as inspiration, and recreate your own kit with the same types of supplies, but in a different color or style that corresponds better with your preferences/photographs/scrapbook style/tastes.
  • Make an even smaller "page kit" or "card kit"..."counterfeiting" just a few items from this month's kit as inspiration. 
  • Using the color scheme from the kits as inspiration, try to re-create a kit of your own using whatever supplies you have available.
What's to come?...
  • Today we are sharing pictures of the inspired Counterfeit Kits we put together from our stash of supplies.  The link for you to share pictures of your Counterfeit Kits with each other is here
  • Over the next week, we will add links to tutorials for counterfeiting many of the embellishments in this month's inspiration Kit's.
  • Over the next month, we will post mini challenges to USE your new kit, as well as organize a blog hop to share your creations! 
  • We hope you all find some inspiration in the kit club we choose this month!!!  If you aren't sure where to begin, check out the "Hints and Tips" page of our blog for some help.  Feel free to leave a comment, questions, or any suggestions!!!  We look forward to hearing from you."

Mister Linky For March 2012
To find the Mister Linky Post quickly, there is a link on the top right sidebar of our blog called "Mister Linky Post".  Every time you would like to link a picture of your counterfeit kit, or a layout you made with your kit, please link it to that Mister Linky, also found here
You do not need to have a blog or on-line gallery to link your pictures.  You can upload the picture to your Facebook (don't forget to share it as "public") and link that web address to Mister Linky!  Or, if you need help figuring out how to link your work, please e-mail us, attach your picture, and we'll help you out.  Our e-mail is counterfeitkitchallenge@yahoo.com.


Blog Hop! Your next stop is 
the always inspiring Lisa
Here is the blog hop order:




Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

12 comments:

Mary B said...

wow that is a great kit lots to play with there, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Helen said...

LOL that's a big kit - but as usual I want/need your stash! So pretty and I'm interested to see your minis - I still remember your fab smash book :)

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

What fun things to play with. I love that you added minis that you have had for a while! I love the journaling add on!

Margie said...

WOW!! This kit is incredible-and I LOVE your add-ons!! Can't wait to see what you make with all of this yummy scrappiness!

mytwoandras said...

I love your bright colors and many embellishments. I am sure you have fun things planned for your kit.

Tricia said...

Such a fun, bright kit. I like the pinks in here. Pretty embellies - looks like fun!

Clair said...

A bright and luscious kit - I'd expect no less!

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

What an amazing kit! I love all those journaling spots!

Tricia said...

This is such a fun kit you've put together!! I can't wait to see those mini albums!!

Glinda said...

Your kits always amaze me. I can't wait to see what all you create with it.

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Wow! I love your huge fun kits this month! You always go all out on embellishments! Awesome!

Lisa said...

You know that I love this kit! Such wonderful colours - such an amazing mix of products! You are always so fun in your choices! Fab.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...