Sunday, May 6

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog May Kit Reveal Blog Hop

Thanks for visiting for the second CKCB Blog Hop of iNSD weekend!
Yesterday we issued Challenges.
Today we are revealing our May Kits!

This month there are 5, count them 1,2, 3, 4, 5! inspiration kits to work with from Studio Calico!!!! Yay!

The April kits are City of Lights, Sorbonne,  Louvre, Versailles and Montmartre. You can choose one kit, several kits, or all of them as inspiration. I did all of them, however I only photographed four, as I didn't finish the last kit completely in time for this post.

Last month I opted out of participating because I had deadlines for Masterful Scrapbook Design to complete. I thought about doing the inspiration kit for April instead of the Studio Calico Kits because I tend toward brighter colors than Studio Calico, but once I started, I fell in love with the Studio Calico inspiration kits!
I might just buy a kit next month!
Take a look and see what I mean...

INSPIRATION KITS

Studio Calico City of Lights Kit
Come visit the City of Lights! April's kit is filled with new Crate Paper and Echo Park, plus exclusives from Studio Calico, Basic Grey and Sassafras. We've mixed florals with funky typography and pastels with woodgrain to bring you the feel of Paris in the spring.
**********



Studio Calico Montmarte Kit

Come meander up the beautiful hill of MONTEMARTE, and leave filled with inspiration. This add-on combines trendy washi and classic labels, as well as a fun mix of products from Echo Park, Dear Lizzy and Cosmo Cricket.
***************


Studio Calico Versailles Kit
With patterned vellum from Dear Lizzy, delicate eyelet envelopes from Martha Stewart and gorgeous florals from Crate Paper, our VERSAILLES add-on brings all the soft beauty of the legendary gardens right to your door.
************


Studio Calico Sorbonne Kit
The historic SORBONNE building houses offices for the University of Paris, but we promise this add-on isn't too intellectual. This bright and graphic mix of products from Smash, Kesi-Art and My Mind's Eye will have you rushing to do your homework.
*********


Studio Calico Louvre Kit



Our LOUVRE add-on will help you create your own priceless works of art! This kit features a mix of products from Amy Tangerine, Pink Paislee, Smash and My Mind's Eye.
 **************


MY COUNTERFEIT KITS My Musée D'orsay Kit

This is a hybrid kit that I made with all of the pieces coming from digital kits. Some of the papers I altered to fit the inspiration kit. I created the bicycle paper from several digital papers and created a digi bike stamp to make it. The number paper was made with a number mask from Tangie Baxter. I altered a butterfly from Tangie for the butterfly stickers. The tags are a digi tag that I used a font I found on Pinterest, and I combined it with a dingbat font. The flower on the tag was a doodle by Tangie that I filled in. I used them as a mask to "cut" from the tag. The frames are from Kitschy digitals. I'll share more of my "secrets" tomorrow on how I made this kit.
************************



My Monet Kit 

(Counterfeit Montmarte Kit)






My Degas Kit

(Counterfeit Versailles Kit)




My Cezanne Kit

(Counterfeit Sorbonne Kit)
 
 
 

Blog Hop

Now to visit the rest of the Master Forgers! Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment, and let me know what you think of the May Kits! Join us and make your own kits. Link it up May 2012 Mr. Linky


Guest Designer: Leslie http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/ 


Julie Ann http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com/<--- you are here
Libeeti  http://creationswithlove-li-bee-ti.blogspot.com/<---- go here next




Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

14 comments:

Tara O said...

I think I want to come take your kits home with me!! I love them!!! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Sherri Thompson said...

Beautiful kits, Julie! I am in awe that you created that first kit from all digital products. You are amazing! Have fun creating this month!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Wow, all that digi stuff looks terrific together! Have fun using all your gorgeous kits!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Wow, all that digi stuff looks terrific together! Have fun using all your gorgeous kits!

Tricia said...

You've done an awesome job counterfeiting and your digital kit is amazing!!!

li-bee-ti said...

You did a great job countefeiting those kits! your kits are stunning!

missybossy65 said...

Ooh I am loving your take on the kit :0) looking forward to seeing what you do with it!!

Clair said...

Oh, you always create such beautiful kits. So strange to see a few of the papers that I 'shortlisted' but didn't include in some of your kits. It's crazy how we each make our kits ever so slightly different, isn't it? It's like playing Chinese Whispers with patterned papers :)

chksngr said...

Brilliant counterfeit! Your handmade items ROCK!

S said...

Wow, aren't you quite the counterfeiter - every one of those kits is fabulous. But I think I like Cezanne the best.

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

Wow! Absolutely amazing kits! I can not wait to see what you make with all of this wonderful goodness.

Jimjams said...

You always make such awesome kits Julie - love the French Artist names you've chosen!

jennifer said...

Gorgeous kits, lovely and bright, and I like the names you've chosen for them! x

Margie said...

Gorgeous Counterfeits!! Love the way you carried out the "French feel"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...