Wednesday, June 6

Grandma's Summer Cottage - June Counterfeit Kit Reveal and Blog Hop!

Photobucket

Hello friends! Thank you for visiting my blog today!

This is my June Counterfeit Kit: Grandma's Summer Cottage.It's a little special this month, you will be extra excited about this idea!

THE CHALLENGE
Bethany and Meridy got all giddy about this idea: inspired by: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/2356-shimelle/1824626-nsd-2012-maxing-out-a-set-of-supplies/?c=t

 Our Challenge will be to make your OWN kit containing:
10 sheets patterned paper
8 sheets cardstock
2 alphabets
2 stamp sets
4 journaling spots
3 TYPES of "misc" embellishments (so people can pick their favorite item like ribbon, or border stickers or silk flowers)
1 OLD item/embellishment (like eyelets or fibers or chipboard) LOL
1 Messy item (paint, stickles, embossing...)
1 surprise item of your choice!

Or you can counterfeit any of the Master Forgers' kits!


MY KIT: GRANDMA'S SUMMER COTTAGE
 I started with the Jenni Bowlin floral pp: Oilcloth, and grabbed a few more of her papers, and started building my kit around that. 


We were on vacation for 10 days in May in Sedona, Arizona and also in the Los Angeles area, so I tried to pull papers that I thought could be versatile in using for vacation photos.  I was surprised at the outcome of the kit, it's not my usual really bright, jewel colors with a lot of pinks and aquas.  I think the red, yellows, and blues work well together though.


I just love the 7gypsies papers and I'm kind of loving the eclectic look that I've named Grandma's Summer Cottage. A few of them have a wonderful flock pattern.


Patterned Paper
Jenni Bowlin Oilcloth
Jenni Bowlin Red Circle Flower
Jenni Bowlin Buttercup
7Gypsies Caroline Journey Flock Paper: Floral
7Gypsies Savannah Collection: Warren
7Gypsies Savannah Flock Paper: Stripe
7Gypsies Ladbroke
7Gypsies Elgin
Webster's Pages Sweet As Cherry Pie ...Mom's Ingredients
Webster's Pages Sweet As Cherry Pie...Let's Celebrate

I was really happy with the cardstock choices. I knew right away I wanted Kraft and White. I went through all of my stash of blues until I found the right teal. I don't have that great of a selection of blue cardstocks on hand. Yet I just love the teal, yellow and lime combination.

Cardstock
2 Sheets of Kraft
2 Sheets of White
2 Sheets of Teal
1 Sheet of Yellow
1 Sheet of Lime

I like the green in the Jenni Bowlin floral pattern paper, and the felt alpha is cool so I added that in, as well as the thickers. I love color. 

Alphas
Making Memories Green Felt Alpha
AC Thickers Sprinkles Vinyl


Might as well stick with the same manufacturer for the journaling cards although I was tempted to add lots and lots and lots of journaling cards to this kit. It is kind of nice to keep it simple after all.

Journal Spots
Jenni Bowlin Die Cut Journaling Cards Red

Stamps
Fontwerks Travelogue 2 by Karen Russell
Life in Pictures Word Art Circles (Creative Imaginations?)




I decided for my 3 embellishments to pick: chipboard, brads, and flowers. Again, I decided to stick with the same manufacturer by using 7Gypsies brads and not adding any others.  Then I grabbed for the Jenni Bowlin chipboard buttons, and then the Crate chipboard pieces because they remind me of  vintage summer.


Embellishments
Brads: 7 Gypsies Chelsea
Flowers: Prima and stash
Chipboard: Crate, Jenni Bowlin, and misc.




1 Messy item
I created a set of Messy Items instead of just 1 Messy Item, couldn't resist! 
Tattered Angels Glammer Glaze Island Spring 
Stickles Yellow
Stickles Turquoise
Shimmerz Paintz Coloringz My Bleeding Heart
Punchella
Heidi Swapp Mask Dots

Surprise Item

Atlas Book Page of Mineral Rocks


 I was looking through a vintage Atlas I bought at the flea market for scrapbooking and found this page, and decided to use it as my surprise item because it will go with some of my travel photos. In Sedona, they have the beautiful Red Rocks which are rusted magnetite, I think. This is the perfect page.


GRANDMA'S SUNDAY PICNIC JUNE ADD-ON KIT
Photobucket

This kit is everything else that I wanted to include that fit with the vibe of the kit. Ribbon and trims, journalings cards, die cuts, a little bling, and random embellishments.

Embellishment Inspiration

Inspiration of embellies I want to make this month from Pinterest


Tags by Paula Gilarde



Ideas from the BoBunny Blog


Ric rac and layers by Karine


Collage houses by collagecandy


Layout Inspiration

http://pinterest.com/pin/108508672242333166/
http://pinterest.com/pin/108508672242205678/

http://pinterest.com/pin/108508672242110068/
http://pinterest.com/pin/108508672242086820/

http://pinterest.com/pin/108508672241972409/
http://pinterest.com/pin/108508672241972387/

http://pinterest.com/pin/285556432592437273/
http://pinterest.com/pin/77405687314927881/
http://pinterest.com/pin/178384835209885171/


Journaling Prompts from Get It Scrapped.com





Now you can head over to the fabulous Lisa's blog! I can't wait to see her kit!


BLOG HOP ORDER
Guest Designer:  Alison
Crystal
Glinda
Jemma
Jen
Julie Ann <-- you are here
Lisa <-- go here next
Libeeti
Margie
Milissa
Rebecca
Susanne
Bethany
Meridy 

Thanks for visiting! Play along with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge here.

14 comments:

S said...

Love the Jenni Bowlin you used as a basis for your kit - I have some of that needing to be used - so I'll be checking back for idea. Scrap on!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

What a fun kit. I can't wait to see how you use it for travel! Great job!

Margie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous kit!! I am seriously drooling over this one!!Pinning for inspiration in case I need to make another kit this month!

Clair said...

Definitely a bit of a change from your usual frilly, vintage style. I can't wait to see how you adapt it to suit your style of scrapping.

mytwoandras said...

I like the red, yellow, blue feel of your kit. I love your pinterest links. Great ideas for embellishments.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Fantastic! Everything looks great, and I can't wait to see how you use the atlas page - what a great item to work into a project!

Lisa said...

Mmmm. Nice! Great products and can't wait o see how your layouts are with this different style for you. I especially love that you included pinterest inspiration and the journalling prompts. Saving those for sure!

Tricia said...

I love your surprise item and your stamps! Gorgeous kit!

Tricia said...

Your embellies are gorgeous! I love those 7-Gypsies brads. Lovely kit.

sassyscrapper said...

Wow! Love all your add-on ideas and inspiration. I especially like the paper that looks like vintage labels. I love the name of your gorgeous kit! Are there any vacancies at the cottage this summer? LOL! :)

Julia said...

WoW-ZeR!!!! Love your kit and your inspiration bits!!!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Gorgeous kit! I love how you always include lots of extras! The atlas page is a cool idea!

Tara O said...

GOOD GOLLY! This is a huge kit. I love your colors and embellies! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

Such a sweet kit. I really love how the colors work together. I can't wait to see what fabulous projects you make this month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...