Friday, July 6

July Counterfeit Kit Challenge Master Forgers' Reveal Blog Hop

Welcome EVERYONE!!!! 

Grab a cup of joe or tea, 
and check out what the Master Forgers have in store for you 
for the month of July!

From the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog: July 2012 Inspiration Kit

The July 2012 Inspiration Kit is the March kit put together by a brand new kit club called Citrus Twist.  Their June 2012 kit is called "Summer Boardwalk" and is full of some of the latest and greatest in the scrapbook industry.  You can view the contents at their web site found at  their web site here .  The "Summer Boardwalk" kit will go perfectly with photos from a sunny summer day, to a quaint summer vacation.  We hope you will enjoy creating your Counterfeit Kit based on this inspiration.


What's the next step???
The CHALLENGE is to use this kit for inspiration. How, you ask? Well, there are many ways to go about this. Here are a few ideas... 
  • Try and match every piece in the kit as close as possible to something from your supply stash.
  • Use the "kit contents" as inspiration, and recreate your own kit with the same types of supplies, but in a different color or style that corresponds better with your preferences/photographs/scrapbook style/tastes.
  • Make an even smaller "page kit" or "card kit"..."counterfeiting" just a few items from this month's kit as inspiration.
  • Using the color scheme from the kits as inspiration, try to re-create a kit of your own using whatever supplies you have available.

What's to come?...
  • Tomorrow we will post pictures of the inspired Counterfeit Kits we put together from our stash of supplies. The link for you to share pictures of your Counterfeit Kits with each other is here.
  • Over the next week, we will add links to tutorials for counterfeiting many of the embellishments in this month's inspiration Kit's.
  • Over the next month, we will post mini challenges to USE your new kit, as well as organize a blog hop to share your creations!
  • We hope you all find some inspiration in the kit club we choose this month!!! If you aren't sure where to begin, check out the "Hints and Tips" page of our blog for some help. Feel free to leave a comment, questions, or any suggestions!!! We look forward to hearing from you.

Mister Linky For July 2012

To find the Mister Linky Post quickly, there is a link on the top right sidebar of our blog called "Mister Linky Post". Every time you would like to link a picture of your counterfeit kit, or a layout you made with your kit, please link it to that Mister Linky, also found here.

You do not need to have a blog or on-line gallery to link your pictures. You can upload the picture to your Facebook (don't forget to share it as "public") and link that web address to Mister Linky! Or, if you need help figuring out how to link your work, please e-mail us, attach your picture, and we'll help you out. Our e-mail is counterfeitkitchallenge@yahoo.com.

My July Kit: Pocketful of Sunshine

You'll notice right away that my kit does not resemble the inspiration kit at all! I'VE GONE ROGUE! LOL

I pulled this kit together last month and never touched it, never photographed it...yet I loved it so I decided it would be my July kit. And I've already used it almost all up! 

I loved the summery papers, and then I added a ton of embellishments which I photographed in three sets for better viewing. 


Sneak Peek

And here is a sneak peek at some of the layouts made with this kit so far! I'll share them in the next few upcoming days and weeks.

Add-On Kit: America the Brave

Since I whipped through my first kit so quickly, I decided to get out my July 2011 Add-On Kit  that I still had from last year, and see how much of it was left. I decided to make it my add-on kit for this month, and re-named it America the Brave. This is what the kit looks like now:


I've made two layouts so far with this kit, but you'll have to wait to see them! :) For now, there are other Master Forgers blogs to check out!

Now I'm sending you on your way to one of my favorite Master Forgers: Lisa!!! Check her out now!


Full Blog Hop List
Guest Designer: Sherri http://sherrithompson.blogspot.com/
Jemma http://just-jimjams.blogspot.com/
Jen http://mypair-a-dice.blogspot.com/
Julie Ann http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com/ <---you are here!
Lisa http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/ <---go here next!!!
Libeeti http://creationswithlove-li-bee-ti.blogspot.com/
Margie http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com/
Milissa http://millermall.blogspot.com/
Rebecca http://howiburb.blogspot.com/
Susanne http://www.snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com/
Bethany  http://inspiredscrapper-bethany.blogspot.com/

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com

I hope you join the challenge! I can't wait to see what everyone makes!!!



Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

13 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful kit...you did your usual colourful, fun take. It is really nice!

Jimjams said...

Lots of colour as usual - I couldx do with some of your add-on kit - it goes perfectly with my main LOL
Have fun!

li-bee-ti said...

You're a clever girl... LOL
Way to go for using your untouched kit and last year's leftovers.
Very colorful and cheerful. the sneak peeks are very interesting.

S said...

You've not only gone rogue but gone rampant too. But hey, as long as red is involved I am down with that. You are amazing to have done so much already.

Sherri Thompson said...

Absolutely g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s. as always, Julie! You put together the most amazing kit ever! Love the layouts that you've created so far-can't wait to see more!

Julia said...

Ha! Who would of thought to use the kit you made up for last month? Certainly not me! You are one smart cookie!!! I to never touched my kit for last month and I've already pulled all of my paper for this month and am working on embellishments! Sneak peaks are lovely!

Margie said...

I love your kits, you always include the prettiest embellies!!

sassyscrapper said...

So much goodness in there. I spy some Cosmo Cricket in there. One of my faves!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Oh my gosh, you really worked ahead!!!hahaha That's FANTASTIC!!

Lisa said...

aw, you say the sweetest things - thanks!
you kit is gorgeous as always. and luscious in its content. wow! so much heavenly inspiration in both the main kit and the add on! you must be mighty prolific and therefore I'm in awe!

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

Alright you little rebel, you put a spectacular kit together to not use it! Way to go putting it to good use and sailing through it already. And love your add-on kit!

Tara O said...

I love the colors of your kit. Good for you for using it this month instead!! Love your add-on kit as well!

LCSmithSAVED said...

O man - I just wanted to dive head first into this kit! Yumm-o. This is one of my favorite things about CKC - you shop from stuff you already love, and actually get it on the page! Major props for going all out on this :~)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...