Wednesday, July 25

Natural Beauty

I decided to just adhere strips/scraps to cardstock as I got to the bottom of my July Counterfeit Kit. I left the left side of the layout with white space because I liked how it looked against the photograph. I tried putting the embellishments in many different places before I settled on clustering them along the right side of the photograph. The flowers were the final touch.




 I used my Add-On kit for this layout featuring my cute nephew playing at the playground. I had taken some patterned papers a while back and spray painted them using diecut lace as a mask. I used this as the background. I knew I wanted to use the ribbon to tie in his shirt color, but it didn't really work until I pulled in the 8x8 Mariposa paper because it has a hint of orange in it, and I didn't realize his shirt has orange in it as well, although it looks like red. I do intend to finish the buttons with thread.

My nephew is at the age, 14 mo., where you have to watch him closely because everything in his hands also goes in his mouth. You have to catch him before his hands go to his mouth!





Check out more Counterfeiters here!




Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

5 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

I really love both of these - the first is just so visually appealing, plus kind of a "duh - smack my forehead" moment for me about using up the bottom of the kit. I haven't really done that yet - usually too much left, lol, but this month I might have to try it! Thx.
The second is gorgeous, too - I am especially intrigued with what you did with the background paper & a stencil/mask - another duh moment :~)

Julia said...

Both of these layouts are beautiful! I must say the blue layout is my favorite...I wanna be there!! I love the lettering on the red layout!

S said...

Cool pages - you have a way with those loosely gathered embellishments - I might have to take a stab at copying that.

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

Such bright and vibrant layouts! Love it. The flowers are adorable.

Jimjams said...

Sorry to have been MIA
Gorgeous pages Julie Anne - that first one is so crisp - perfect for the stunning photo, and as for the second one - soooooo cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...