We have decided to use a kit from http://scraporchard.com/. Here is the link to the digital kit we will be counterfeiting, called Summer Lovin' by Chelle's Creations.
What's the next step???
- The CHALLENGE is to use this kit for inspiration. How, you ask? Well, there are many ways to go about this. Here are a few ideas...
- Try and match every piece in the kit as close as possible to something from your supply stash.
- Use the "kit contents" as inspiration, and recreate your own kit with the same types of supplies, but in a different color or style that corresponds better with your preferences/photographs/scrapbook style/tastes.
- Make an even smaller "page kit" or "card kit"..."counterfeiting" just a few items from this month's kit as inspiration.
- Using the color scheme from the kits as inspiration, try to re-create a kit of your own using whatever supplies you have available.
What's to come?...
- Today we will post pictures of the inspired Counterfeit Kits we put together from our stash of supplies. The link for you to share pictures of your Counterfeit Kits with each other is here.
- Over the next week, we will add links to tutorials for counterfeiting many of the embellishments in this month's inspiration Kit's.
- Over the next month, we will post mini challenges to USE your new kit, as well as organize a blog hop to share your creations!
- We hope you all find some inspiration in the kit club we choose this month!!! If you aren't sure where to begin, check out the "Hints and Tips" page of our blog for some help. Feel free to leave a comment, questions, or any suggestions!!! We look forward to hearing from you.
Mister Linky For August 2012
To find the Mister Linky Post quickly, there is a link on the top right sidebar of our blog called "Mister Linky Post". Every time you would like to link a picture of your counterfeit kit, or a layout you made with your kit, please link it to that Mister Linky, also found here.
You do not need to have a blog or on-line gallery to link your pictures. You can upload the picture to your Facebook (don't forget to share it as "public") and link that web address to Mister Linky! Or, if you need help figuring out how to link your work, please e-mail us, attach your picture, and we'll help you out. Our e-mail is email@example.com.
My August Counterfeit Kit: Pinwheels & Posies
I am using the Crate Paper Storyteller Kit that I bought on clearance as my main inspiration for my August Counterfeit Kit which I named Pinwheels and Posies. I also made my own bicycle, bee, and pinwheels. I used the bicycle and bee patterns from scrapbooksetc.com (bhg.com). The flashcards are from Pretty Little Studio.
My August Add On 1 & 2 : Summertide Reflections
Since last month I blasted through my kit, I decided to make this kit larger with this add-on. Here are more papers as well as paper scraps. I pulled lots of embellishments, and then punched, and die-cut, and embossed my heart out with co-ordinating paper.
My August Birthday Add-On
Finally, I pulled some birthday-themed items for photos that I want to scrap from May. I also have not photographed cardstock yet.
That's it for me! Now it's time to hop on over to the most creative Lisa!!!Guest Designer: Lynnette http://sassyscrapper2010.
Julie Ann http://julieannshahin2.
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader