Monday, August 13

First Birthday and a Bridesmaid

To those of you who have given me Facebook and email support over the passing of my dear Father-In-Law at the end of July, thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart. I did not expect it to hit me so hard as he's not my actual father, although I did call him "Dad," as my husband addresses my father "Dad" as well.

Those of you following my articles on the Studio Tangie art journal blog, I have taken the month of August off as I just don't have the emotional energy right now considering the circumstances. 

My mother-in-law also had a heart attack the same day Dad S. passed away, and she is now in transition at a rehab facility.  We just got an offer on their house today, after having an open house yesterday. Things are happening very fast. 

My husband is amazing, handling all of his parents' affairs along with his brother, while keeping his sister in California up-to-date as well as his local sister who keeps their mother company during this time of mourning. 

It still doesn't seem real. Dad S. was just a force of nature, you would hear that saying over and over by many people at his viewing, which about 1,000 persons attended. He was very popular, and important in the community, especially during the 1970's during his tenure as the Band Director at the Catholic High School - Bishop Kearney. The band won championships, and he took the band overseas to meet the Pope, Princess Grace, to Ireland, and also traveled throughout the U.S.

While I don't have it in me to research, co-ordinate, and write My Vision for 2012 posts for Studio Tangie, I am finding much peace in paper scrapping. That is, when I am not re-organizing my scraproom! It feels so good to spend quality time in my scraproom, that has been neglected for a long time. I've been in my favorite room, organizing while I had the Olympics on. I found myself wishing that every room in my house was as fun as my scraproom! 

Here are layouts I've done so far using my August Counterfeit Kit...I've made more...I just haven't completed the photos yet! I hope you come back to see the rest. :) I promise to work on them right away.

Layout #1: First Birthday

Many people commented when I revealed my kits that they loved the Bingo cards, and I wish I could have used more than one on this layout, but then it would have covered the patterned paper, and I didn't want that.

I know the background is a little busy, yet I had a lot of fun layering the patterned paper, the diecut lace, and the transparency to create this unique look. I've had those metal words forever, about eight years! 







Layout #2: Bridesmaid

 In this second layout, it's a photo of me as a (jr.) bridesmaid many years ago! I lined up the title along the border, which ended up being slanted...and imperfect which I've decided to embrace.
 I've had these two tags forever and ever as well. I doubted that I would ever use this "memories" tag, but I do love it here.



I love scrapping old photos, and really focused on the light blue of my dress and pulled in a lot of lighter blue shades of paper and embellishments. 


That photo really brings back memories, and it's very very interesting where the people involved ended up now. That's a story maybe for my art journal. What stories do your old photos hold?

Check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and tutorials, and play along with your creations by posting them at Mr. Linky here!


Enjoy This Post?
Want More?
Subscribe by Email
Add to Google Reader

7 comments:

Mary B said...

What lovely bright happy pages

LCSmithSAVED said...

Swooning over all the pattern *sigh*

sassyscrapper said...

Sending my condolences to you...I just lost my Dad in December, so I know the feeling. Prayers for your MIL, too. What a difficult and heart breaking situation. I'm glad you found some time to scrap. I find it to be good therapy. Your first layout really takes on the feel of the inspiration kit with all of your fun embellies. Just love it!

Jimjams said...

Still thinking of you ♥
Great pages - glad that scrapping is proving a therapeutic escape for you!

S said...

These pages are wonderful. I am glad that you are finding a little solace in scrapping during these difficult days - and I agree that even cleaning and reorganizing your space can be therapeutic. You and your family are still in my prayers. Take care.

glorygirl said...

What great pages! I love how you've used the same colors for such different events...and done it well! May God continue to bring peace to you during this difficult time. Scrapbooking can definitely bring healing :)

Tara O said...

These are some GREAT pages!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...